Novak: Ukraine has to buy at least 2 billion cubic meters of gas from the Russia
Russian Energy Minister says Ukraine is behind the schedule in gas injection into its UGSF and threates with limitations
Novak said that if Ukraine will not be able to provide gas injection in full with the onset of cold weather, Russia will restrict Ukrainian consumers in favor of the European ones.
Russian Energy Minister Aleksander Novak said that Ukraine has to buy from Gazprom at least 2.8 billion cubic meters of gas to avoid the risk of failure of transit to Europe, reported by RIA Novosti.
"As for the transit of gas in autumn-winter period, we see that the Ukrainian side is behind the schedule in gas injection into its underground gas storage facilities for about two cubic meters of gas. As of the end of August Ukraine pumped 12.8 billion cubic meters, and it should be 17 billion cubic meters at the beginning of the heating season," - said Novak.
Russian Energy Minister also said that Russia will keep watching Ukrainian party to act in September to provide injection of gas into its underground storage facilities in full.
As it was reported earlier, Ukraine is in litigation against Russian Gazprom in Stockholm arbitration under two contracts - a contract on sale of Russian gas and a transit contract.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain