Kyiv hopes to sign FTA with Israel, despite support of anti-Israel UN resolution
According to Mykolska, negotiations on the FTA are beneficial both for Ukraine and for Israel
Ukraine hopes to continue the productive negotiations with Israel on the signing of the free trade agreement (FTA), despite the support of anti-Israel UN resolutions. The Trade Representative of Ukraine Natalia Mykolska said this during a press conference.
"These negotiations are always based on the economic and business interest. As of today, it was agreed to hold next round of consultations with the Israeli side in Kyiv in late January - early February", she said.
According to Mykolska, the negotiations on the FTA are beneficial both for Ukraine and for Israel.
"Israel is a member of the Pan-Euro-Med agreement, to which we also subscribe. In the context of their and our agreements with the EU, our agreement on an FTA with them may form our value chain in this triangle. Israel also needs new markets, because competition in the EU market will increase", she said.
Mykolska stressed that the FTA with Israel is one of the priorities for the Ministry of Economic Development for the next year.
"We will work on it, as we see its importance for our interests and Israel's business", she concluded.
Ukraine urges UN to increase pressure on Russia 30 December, 08:44
Ukraine's Foreign Ministry comments on UN resolution on Middle East 26 December, 13:15
- POLITICS13:36Britain to continue supporting Ukraine
- SOCIETY13:14Security Service detain drug smugglers in Mykolaiv
- POLITICS12:41Trump inauguration: Protesters clash with police in Washington
- SOCIETY12:34Ukrainians commemorate defenders of Donetsk airport
- POLITICS12:16Batkishchyna wants evidence of Savchenko’s treason from SBU
- POLITICS11:56Trump's inauguration: online broadcast
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany