"Kremlin lost" - Poroshenko's statement after Ukraine for IMF tranche
We will be able to make first steps in improving social standards on the level of state budget 2017 - said President
President Poroshenko is welcoming a positive decision by the board of directors of the International Monetary Fund to continue the program of cooperation with Ukraine and allocating next financial aid.
"For the first time in the history of relations between Ukraine and the International Monetary Fund, we received the third tranche under one cooperation program. The decision enebles financial assistance in amount of $ 1 billion from the United States and macro-financial assistance in amount of 600 million euros from the European Union in, as well as from other international financial institutions. Even more, it opens a window of opportunities for attracting foreign investments into Ukrainian economy," - said the President in his address to Ukrainian people.
He also noted that this aid will help to keep the stability of the hryvnia, to fix the achieved level of macroeconomic stability, to support the first signs of economic growth.
"The positive decision of the IMF indicates that the world recognizes ous reforms, there are qualitative and positive changes and the country is moving in the right direction. This is a high evaluation of our economic reforms and first steps in fighting corruption, as anti-corruption strategy and practics are also a criteria for th e IMF to take the decision," - he stressed.
"And, paradoxically, the Fund's resolution is also asignal for the aggressor, who was trying to put a spoke in our wheel. The Kremlin has lost it's operation. Reforms make us stronger and thus our ability to resist the external aggression is also becoming stronger. Once again, my congratulations to everyone," - said the President of Ukraine.
As we reported earlier, the IMF Executive Board decided to allocate $ 1 billion for Ukraine. Next tranche of financial assistance was adopted with the exceptions to the general rules, given the current economic situation in the country.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case