IMF may consider granting Ukraine next tranche in near future
Fund Management is in constant contact with the Ukrainian authorities
The International Monetary Fund may consider granting Ukraine the next tranche of funding under the expanded program (EFF) in the coming weeks. The official IMF Representative Gerry Rice said this on January 12.
"The specific date of the board meeting has not been set yet, but we expect that it will be determined in the coming weeks. We see the good progress in the third revision of the cooperation program for $ 17.5 billion. Ukraine adopted a balanced budget that includes the objectives of our cooperation program", Rice said.
He also said that it is necessary to revise the memorandum of cooperation and solve the problems in the energy sector. According to him, the fund management is in constant contact with the Ukrainian authorities.
Cabinet expects $1 billion IMF tranche 5 January, 09:22
2016 in review: Ukraine's main economic results 23 December, 14:44
Poroshenko hopes to receive fourth IMF tranche in coming weeks 17 January, 15:06
WEF in Davos: Poroshenko meets Lagarde 19 January, 15:41
- POLITICS13:36Britain to continue supporting Ukraine
- SOCIETY13:14Security Service detain drug smugglers in Mykolaiv
- POLITICS12:41Trump inauguration: Protesters clash with police in Washington
- SOCIETY12:34Ukrainians commemorate defenders of Donetsk airport
- POLITICS12:16Batkishchyna wants evidence of Savchenko’s treason from SBU
- POLITICS11:56Trump's inauguration: online broadcast
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany