Groysman presents Ukraine’s 2017 state budget: Top Quotes
The Cabinet approved the basic economic document for the next year
We expect the economy to grow; specifically, we expect the country’s GDP to grow by 3 percent. It mrans our country’s economy will begin to restore. Our task is to make this process irreversible and to increase the economic growth. We’ve got to do everything for every citizen to feel that his incomes grow. That’s an important priority.
The 2016 budget amounts totaled UAH 749 billion (almost USD 29 bn), while the next year’s budget made almost UAH 877 billion (roughly USD 33.7 bn).
The budget is absolutely balanced. In 2016, we set the limit for budget deficit at the level of 3.7 percent, The next year’s budget, according to our commitments, should not exceed the deficit at the level of 3 percent (that is, almost 3 billion U.S. dollars).
We are committed to the growth of social standards. In 2016, we managed to raise the social standards by 5 percent, but the government managed to increase this growth even more, so the social standards will be raised by 10 percent since December 1. That’s the step that meets the capabilities of our economy.
As of December 1, 2017, the minimal salary will be UAH 1,762 (approximately 60 dollars). If there is any chance to increase these standards, we will surely use it, for the people to get more money.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain