EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria
Earlier German Chancellor Angela Merkel intended to propose EU to impose new sanctions against Russia because of Syria
EU foreign ministers at the EU Council have not taken any decision to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria, however, condemned the air strikes on Aleppo. TASS agency reported this citing a source at the margins of the EU ministerial meeting.
"The issue of sanctions against Russia was not discussed. Ministers reviewed the imposition of additional restrictions on the Damascus bombing of Aleppo", the source says.
"The EU Council also condemns the indiscriminate air strikes by government forces and Russian aircraft on Aleppo in final statement on Syria", the source added.
Earlier, it was reported that German Chancellor Angela Merkel intends to offer the European Union to introduce new sanctions against Russia because of the aggravation of the situation in Syria.
Today, EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs Federica Mogherini said that none of the EU member states so far proposed to impose new sanctions against Russia because of its actions in Syria.
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars