EU Council extended personal sanctions against Russian businesses
EU Council extended personal sanctions against Russian and Ukrainian individuals and companies, involved in aggression of Russian Federation
Council of the European Union decided to extend sanctions against individuals and companies involved in the violation of the territorial integrity of Ukraine for another six months. It was reported by the press service of the Council of Europe.
The decision concerns 146 individuals and 37 legal entities and includes asset freeze and travel ban.
The sanctions are extended until March 15, 2017. The full text of the document will be published on September 16.
As it was reported earlier, the EU first imposed sanctions on Russia in March 2014 due to the annexation of the Crimea.
Previously, the Office for the Control of international assets in US Department of the Treasury added a number of individuals and companies to the list of sectoral sanctions in connection with the conflict in Ukraine against.
Besides, European Union ambassadors have prolonged asset freezes and visa bans on individuals and entities from the Russian Federation.
Prolonging of EU's economic sanctions targeting Russia's energy, military, and financial sectors will be discussed by EU leaders when they meet for an EU summit in October in Brussels.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case