Deputy Finance Minister: Next tranche of EU financial assistance suspended until early 2017
Ukraine failed to pass the necessary legislation in good time, official explained
‘The third tranche worth 600 million Euros has been suspended. We expect to get it in early 2017’, Yuriy Butsa, Ukraine’s Deputy Finance minister, said at a financial forum in Kyiv on Friday, as quoted by Interfax-Ukraine.
According to him, the delay took place due to Ukraine’s failure to pass the necessary laws on time, which is the condition of receiving the third tranche of financial assistance from the EU. ‘We expected to get two of them this year – each tranche worth 600 million Euros. Since the Parliament only recently passed the law about the National Committee for Regulation of Energy and Utility Services, we just received the second tranche, and we now understand we won’t comply with the conditions to get the third one in time’, Butsa said. He added that among the necessary bills there are laws about state service and service in municipal authorities.
Earlier this month, Ukraine received the 1 billion Euros-large loan of financial assistance from the IMF.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars