Cooperation with IMF will encourage acceleration of economic growth in Ukraine
National Bank welcomes issue of Ukraine's cooperation with IMF on September 14
The resumption of cooperation between Ukraine and the International Monetary Fund will encourage the acceleration of economic growth in the country. The Deputy Chairman of the National Bank of Ukraine Dmitry Sologub stated this, reports the press service of the NBU.
"Continuing cooperation with the IMF is not the only source of growth in international reserves of the country, but above all it will be a guarantee of reform, without which the Ukrainian economy will not be able to take the path of return to sustainable economic growth", says Sologub.
According to the Deputy Chairman of the NBU, the department has done everything to bring the successful completion of the second review of the IMF's Extended Fund Facility program.
"If the Board of Directors of the IMF's approves the second review of the program, it will open access to financing from other international donors and private, foreign and domestic investors. Proceeding of the funding will have a positive impact and stimulate faster economic growth. At the same time, a positive decision of the fund will eliminate the psychological pressure on the foreign exchange market and support the trend towards a decrease in the volatility of the hryvnia, the first signs of which are observed in the last few days", reads the report.
The International Monetary Fund will consider the allocation of tranche to Ukraine on September 14.
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels