Chubarov: Ukraine will only supply electricity to Ukrainian Crimea
Leader of Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people gave briefing in Kyiv to mark the anniversary of transport blockade of the Russian-annexed peninsula
‘Ukraine can and should supply electric energy. The question is where and for whom. If there is respective agreement where Crimea is identified as Ukrainian territory, let’s discuss volumes of the supplies to Crimea then’, Refat Chubarov said at the briefing in Kyiv broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
The head of the Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people remembered how the blockade of the Russian-annexed peninsula began exactly one year ago – on September 20, 2015. ‘Since that day, not a single car has crossed the border to trade with the occupied Crimea,’ Chubarov said.
According to him, as for the food supplies to Crimea, the situation now remains worrisome due to the large number of smuggled goods transported. ‘That’s the way to make money for smugglers in Crimea,’ the official said.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars