Cabinet of Ministers ordered to pump 17 billion cubic meters of gas into Ukrainian storage facilities
This is stated in the order of Government dated by August 31
Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers ordered to pump into its underground gas storage facilities 17 billion cubic meters of natural gas before November 1. This is stated in the order #638-p, published on the government website.
This will ensure the required number of rolling stock (carriages) available for transporting thermal coal and determining the amount of natural gas to be pumped into underground storage facilities in 2016.
It should be noted that near 300 open wagons, including 100 foreign private open wagons, are moving empty via line Sentyanivka - Shypilova. These wagons could be used for delivery of thermal coal to thermoelectric power stations. This will allow to additionally deliver around 7 thousand tons of thermal coal of A and P class every day, or about 200 thousand tons every month.
According to Naftogaz schedule, Ukrainian underground gas storage facility shall store 14.4 billion cubic meters of natural gas on October 15, 2016. The schedule needs adaptation to reach up to 17 billion cubic meters of gas. The volume declared will enable providing natural gas for consumers (industrial, district heating companies, thermoelectric power stations, publicly funded institutions, as well as the citizens) in terms of significant reduction of the outside temperature during the winter period of 2016/17 year.
Minister of Energy and Coal Industry Ihor Nasayk states that there are no problems with the preparation for the heating season.
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case