Ante for Odesa portside plant makes USD 150 million, - State Property Fund
The plant’s price is due to discussion and revision, Ihor Bilous says
‘150 million U.S. dollars is merely ante, the starting price. Currently, the Prime Minister and the government support the idea to keep the price on this level so far. And we’ll be able then to make a certain step so that the investors feel the importance of this process,’ Head of Ukraine’s State Property Fund Ihor Bilous said.
‘We’ve got enough investors, and more of them will come as soon as they see such price. By the time the auction begins, it will be the market price’, he added.
In May 2016, the Cabinet of Ministers approved the sale of 99.6 percent of the plant’s shares.
In deciding to initiate the privatization of the plant, the Cabinet of Ministers announced that it had eliminated a number of criteria for potential buyers that would have reduced the number of potential investors. Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman said that the government was attempting to maximize the number of bidders for the plant.
'Our task is to have the largest possible amount of participants,' said Groysman in the statement. 'We will begin this process of privatization, and must demonstrate to Ukrainians and to the entire world, what open, public, and effective privatization really is.'
Odesa Portside Plant was launched in 1978. The main purpose of the enterprise is production of ammonia, urea and other chemical by-products. The plant also provides shipments of products from other Ukrainian and many Russian enterprises, such as ammonia, urea and methanol.
Brawl between pro-Kremlin activists and Right Sector members in Odesa 10 October, 09:15
Supporters and opponents of Odesa mayor fought near city hall 21 September, 17:01
Earthquake in Romania: aftershocks reached Ukraine 24 September, 11:30
Turkey proachers’ boat sank during storm in Odesa 13 October, 13:48
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels