Steinmeier calls for continuation of negotiations with Turkey
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Luxembourg Jean Asselborn supports Steinmeier's position
German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier rejected the idea of Austrian Chancellor Christian Kern on the termination of negotiations on Turkey's membership in the EU, reports DW.
"I'm afraid the problem, in front of which we stand now is more than the question of whether, when, how and at what rate will be held negotiations on membership (with Turkey in the EU, - Ed.)", - Said Steinmeier in Vaduke where he met with the foreign ministers of the German-speaking countries, quoted by Reuters.
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Luxembourg Jean Asselborn supported Steinmeier's position. But the Austrian Minister Sebastian Kurz said that he "clearly does not see" any simplification of a visa regime for Turkey, and no acceleration of the accession process of EU membership.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas