Belgium received from Britain 3 000 brains of mentally ill people
One of the hospitals of London wanted to get rid of this collection, as it took a lot of space
Belgium has received from the UK 3000 human brain samples collected since the 1950s of the last century, reports RTL.
It is noted that it is the largest such collection in Europe, which contains the brains of people with mental disorders. Also it has the brain samples of people suffering from depression, and schizophrenia.
"The unique nature of this collection is that in the early 50's, many people do not pass through medical treatment of the psyche because it was the era when these drugs did not exist.", - said the Head of psychiatric hospital in Duffel Manuel Morrensa. It is reported that one of the hospitals of London wanted to get rid of this collection, as it took a lot of space. Brains were gladly accepted by the scientists of clinic near Antwerpen.
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case