BBC: Belgian police attacked with machete in Charleroi
Two female police officers have been injured
Two female police officers have been injured by a machete-wielding assailant in the Belgian city of Charleroi.
The attacker was shot and wounded, Charleroi police said on Twitter.
The assailant is said to have shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is great" in Arabic) during the assault outside the city's main police station.
Charleroi was used as a base by some of the jihadists involved in the attacks on Paris in November 2015 and Brussels last March.
The area around the police station has been sealed off.
One of the injured police officers is said to be seriously injured.
Read the full article here
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas