World Bank: Ukraine’s economy to grow by 1 percent this year
Tendency will remain for next two years, experts say
Analysts of the World Bank forecast that in 2017, the country’s economy will keep growing slowly, by one percent annually. That is, in 2017, they expect 2-percent growth, and in 2018 – 3-percent, reads the June report by the World Bank.
Experts said that in 2016, Ukraine’s economy already hit the rock bottom and returned to positive dynamics, as in Q1 its GDP grew by 0.1 percent. Specifically, the World Bank analysts marked visible growth in Ukraine’s Western regions, which have not been directly involved in Donbas conflict. However, export and import volumes have been twice lower than that of 2012 and remain weak, experts say.
According to the World Bank, the GDP growth in the Euro zone will make 1.6 percent during the next year and a half.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels