World Bank prepares $500 million guarantee for gas purchase in Ukraine
Introduction of single market price on gas in Kyiv causes project start
Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman met with the Vice President of the World Bank in Europe and Central Asia Cyril Muller and they discussed the issues of the equitable growth and Jan Walliser’s finances and institutions. This was reported in the press service of the Cabinet.
The parties discussed directions of further cooperation between Ukraine and the World Bank and the government's plans to implement reforms in the country.
Cyril Muller marked the government's decision on the introduction of a single market price on gas.
"I was struck by the determination of your actions in the direction of the output of the gas sector on a sustainable path of development and the fact that all the programs have resulted in more efficient use of energy", he said.
"This is an important signal that helps us to complete the final steps for the project, which provides $500 million guarantee for the purchase of gas," said the Vice President.
The interlocutors noted Ukraine's progress towards opening the final beneficiary owners of the companies.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars