Westinghouse not to build nuclear fuel plant in Ukraine
Westinghouse will participate in construction, if Kyiv provides funding
American-Japanese Company Westinghouse does not confirm the existence of an agreement with Ukraine on the construction of nuclear fuel plant. Deutsche Welle reports this.
Earlier Minister of Energy and Coal Industry Igor Nasalyk stated that the company plans to build a new facility.
"We agreed on the diversification of supplies of almost half of the nuclear reactors, the construction of nuclear fuel plant in Ukraine", Nasalyk said.
The Westinghouse is familiar with the plans of the Ukrainian government to increase its own capacity for fuel production. In addition, the company will consider its participation in such a project. Westinghouse will participate, if Kyiv provides funding.
"There is the excess capacity of produce of nuclear fuel, so the construction of the new factory will not bring significant economic benefits to the country, however, if a country decides to make such investments, Westinghouse will consider the possibility of their participation in the project", the director of the company said.
Energy and Coal Ministry could not confirm the presence of specific agreements with the company.
"The Ukrainian side is negotiating with potential investors for possible financial support of the project", said the press service of the department.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars