Ukraine’s GDP decreased by 2.1 percent in January 2016
Ministry of Trade and Economic Development released the report on its website
In January 2016, the overall index of production of goods and services lowered by 2.8 percent compared with January 2015, and the country’s GDP decreased by 2.1.
“The New Year once again proves that Ukraine’s economy holds firmly. Another phase of Russia’s economic aggression contributed to external stress factors. Trade and traffic restrictions by Russia that took place in January had strong impact on the production industry in Ukraine. After two subsequent quarters of the GDP growth, in early 2016, the GDP index started to deteriorate again”, reads the report.
The Ministry added that the only compensator of negative processes is saving of macroeconomic stability, which created an impetus for development of domestic market and kept positive expectations of investors and business partners.
Gontareva expects next IMF tranche in January-February 2017 8 December, 18:16
IMF: There are signs of recovery, but growth will not be easy to achieve 18 November, 16:43
EU digitalizes its industry: Lessons for Ukraine 24 November, 22:03
- UKRAINE TOP 10:09SAP calls Onishchenko for questioning on December 13
- SOCIETY09:25Suicide bombers kill 56 people in Nigeria
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:2831 attack reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE TOP 07:41Ukrainian who put up "Heavenly Hundred Street" sign on the house was detained in Crimea
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:4914 attacks reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- asia23:17UN General Assembly called for immediate cessation of hostilities in Syria
- POLITICS22:51Manafort claimed that “shadow accounting” documents are fake
- UKRAINE TOP 22:08Lutsenko: Notice of suspicion against Yanukovych was served according to the law
- UKRAINE TOP 21:33Russia blocked declaration on crisis in Ukraine at OSCE Ministerial Council, - MFA
- UKRAINE TOP 20:31"Naftogaz”: Agreement on gas supplies not signed, Ukraine will not buy gas from Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
00:18, 10 December Yanukovych avoids coming to Prosecutor General's Office in Kyiv
23:59, 9 December European Parliament approves visa-free regime suspension mechanism