Ukraine pushes out competitors on EU market
Ukraine ousted Indonesia from ranking of top 20 importers of agricultural products to EU
According to nv.ua, Ukraine is steadily increasing the imports of agricultural products into the European Union. Over the past 12 months the supply of Ukrainian agribusiness products have increased by € 561 million (+ 15%) and amounted to € 4, 2 billion, the European Commission report states.
Thus, Ukraine was able to climb from 8th to 7th place in the ranking of the top 20 importers of the EU, thus displacing Indonesia in the period from May 2015 to April 2016 due to the increase of exports to the European Union.
The limitation of access to the Russian market also played its part, adds the expert of agricultural markets in Ukrainian club of agrarian business Dariya Hrytsenko. Furthermore, the aggressive Russia policy makes it difficult for logistics in the CIS and Central Asia, forcing the producers to shift to the deliveries to the EU.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case