Ukraine calls on Russia to lift transit sanctions
Several countries support Ukraine during WTO meeting
Ukrainian delegation at the World Trade Organization (WTO) meeting urged Russia to lift the transit restrictions. Trade Ministry press service reports this.
Russian sanctions issue was at the center of attention during the negotiations.
Economic Development and Trade Minister's Deputy Nataliya Mykolska stressed that these sanctions result in decrease of the trade volume and can potentially lead to loss of interest in trade with Ukraine.
"Yet again Ukraine calls on the Russian Federation to immediately lift the transit sanctions and restore the non-discriminatory and available transit regime for all WTO states members", reads the message.
The EU countries, the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Norway, Georgia and Korea supported the Ukraine's position. Russia's delegation gave no explanation on these actions.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars