UAE disprove ban food products from Ukraine
Problematic issue has arisen due to cancellation rights of Ukrainian Center for Testing and Certification for compliance with certification halal 'Alraid'
According to the press service of Ukrainian State Service for Food Safety and Consumer Protection, the United Arab Emirates denied the information on the suspension of import of Ukrainian food products (unian.net).
"In pursuance of the Ukrainian Embassy in the United Arab Emirates, UAE do not directly prohibit the importation of domestic food products, as well as never expressed caution regarding the quality of Ukrainian products," reads the statement.
Problematic issue has arisen due to the cancellation rights of the Ukrainian Center for Testing and Certification for compliance with obtaining the certification halal “Alraid”. However, as press service explained, the institution has had this right only since February 2014. Until that time the domestic exporters have used other ways of obtaining such certificates, including alternative certification centers both in Ukraine and abroad.
The report explained that a meeting was held with the UAE Affairs in Ukraine chairman, Ahmed Al-Suwaidi upon the initiative of the Ukrainian side. At the meeting it was stated that the termination of recognition of halal certificates "Alraid" is a purely technical issue and is not associated with the quality of goods from Ukraine.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels