Transit of Russian gas through Ukraine went up by 60% in 2016
Russian gas is transported to the EU, Turkey and Moldova
Transit of gas from the Russian Federation through Ukraine to the EU, Moldova and Turkey in January-February 2016 increased by 60% compared to the same period last year, - up to 12,57 billion cubic meters, according to the data of Ukrainian gas company “Ukrtransgaz”.
According to the data, the EU states received 8.5 billion cubic meters of Russian gas transported through Ukraine, Moldova – 0.628 billion cubic meters, Turkey – 3.45 billion cubic meters.
According to UNIAN “Naftogaz Ukraine” offered “Gazprom” to negotiate the price of transit of Russian gas to the EU, since on December 29 the National Commission for State Regulation of Energy and Public Utilities established new pricing rules for this service.
However, according to the existing contract between “Gazprom” and “Naftogaz”, which the parties dispute in court, the price of transit through the territory of Ukraine is directly linked to the price of gas.
It is expected that new pricing rules will lead to the increase of price for gas transit through Ukraine to the EU. But due to the disputed contract, drawn up according to the Swedish law, price for transit may be altered only after the decision of the Stockholm arbitrary court.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas