Russian service Yandex.Taxi may launch in Kyiv
Company plans to focus on service development in Russia and CIS
Service Yandex.Taxi owned by Russian Internet Company Yandex, can already start its work in September in Kyiv, nv.ua reports.
"Now we are looking for the partners - taxi and dispatching companies, which would meet our requirements to the vehicle fleet and the availability of official permission", Yandex.Taxi press service reported.
The company cannot tell the exact day of the launch in Kyiv.
“When we will start working in Kyiv, we will tell you about it”, Yandex.Taxi promised.
Yandex.Taxi CEO Tigran Khudaverdyan said that the company plans to focus on the development of the service in Russia and the CIS in the next few years. This year the taxi service started its work outside Russia for the first time, launching in Minsk and Yerevan.
The service can start working in Kyiv in September, said the owner of one of Kyiv taxi services.
"The date of entering the Ukrainian market will depend on how quickly they will be able to negotiate with the local dispatching services and to gain access to their vehicle fleet. Yandex does not work with the drivers directly as Uber", commented the owner of the taxi service.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case