Ukrzaliznytsia official detained wasting more than 500 thousand dollars of state funds
He faces from 7 to 12 years in prison with confiscation of property
Detectives of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NABU) together with the Security Service of Ukraine detained an officer of the branch of the Industrial Management Centre of Ukrzaliznytsia, according to the NABU press-center. The felon was detained on Tuesday, August 30. The reports
The report said that the detainee with the help of the controlled businesses in Lviv and Lviv region performed the procurement of wood (crossties and timbers) at prices overvalued by 80% of the market prices, thus capturing more than 500 million dollars of state funds.
Assets of the businesses, 21 million dollars, were seized for losses compensation and to ensure the confiscation of property.
The detained faces 7 to 12 years in prison with confiscation of property and deprivation of the right to occupy certain state positions or engage in certain business activities for up to three years.
As we reported earlier, NABU detained the head of the department of Ukrzaliznytsya for participating in corrupt schemes in late July. This led to court provided NABU with the access to documents of Ukrzaliznytsya due to possible embezzlement of more than 6 million dollars of state funds.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case