Muller: World Bank is going to support Ukraine
World Bank Vice President is willing to continue state's backing
The World Bank press service reported this, referring to the statement of Cyril Muller, the Vice President in Europe and Central Asia during his first official visit to Ukraine.
"The World Bank is a long-term partner of Ukraine in the field of development, and we are seriously committed to continuing support for Ukraine and its citizens, to help them realize the economic potential of the country”, Mueller said during a visit.
“We look forward to working closely with the Government and other key partners in important areas such as finance, fiscal policy, energy, social security and other sectors to the benefit of the people of Ukraine", he concluded.
During his visit Mueller had meetings with the Prime Minister of Ukraine Vladimir Groysman, the first Vice Prime Minister and the Minister of Economic Development and Trade Stepan Kubiv, the Finance Minister Alexander Danylyuk, the head of the National Bank of Ukraine Valeria Gontaryova to discuss Ukraine's development problems, as it is the country which receives the largest amount of investments and support from the World Bank, and it is important to accelerate the implementation of the current investment projects financed by the World Bank.
Also Muller met with representatives of business, investment and diplomatic community, international financial institutions and civil society.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas