Largest Arab port holding company may invest in Odesa port
Ukraine will try to become transit hub for supplies from Persian Gulf countries, Asia, China to Nordic countries and Baltic States
DP World is considering the possibility of investing in the development of the Odesa seaport. Ukraine’s Minister of Infrastructure Volodymyr Omelyan said this in an interview, nv.ua reports.
"I would like to bring the negotiations with China Shipping and DP World to a successful conclusion. We began to discuss the preliminary possibilities with the Hutchison Port Holdings Ltd. The logistics in the Ukrainian ports does not meet the modern requirements. Many ports need rebuilding", Omeljan said.
The Minister added that Ukraine is trying to become a transit hub for supplies from the Persian Gulf countries, Asia, China to the Nordic countries and the Baltic States.
In addition, the Cabinet is negotiating with several international companies to invite the investors to modernize not only the ports, but also railway and river transport.
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars