Ukrainian startup develops ‘anti-sleep’ smart watch for preventing road accidents
Kharkiv company is raising money to make a watch aimed at reducing drowsiness
A Kharkiv startup has raised more than $13,000 on the crowdfunding platform Indiegogo to start producing a watch aimed at reducing drowsiness. That’s according to Ukrainian news portal liga.business.
Jan Rybalchenko came up with an idea of creating such smart watch after his friends had been severely injured in the car crash, when the driver fell asleep. He started to work on the gadget that will prevent people from falling asleep in critical situations.
NOZzER is equipped with electrodes that constantly send electric impulses to the brain. As a result neural activity stays stable. One can adjust the strength and frequency according to his or her preferences.
They have already tested the smart watch on thirty people under a special program at the psychophysiology laboratory of the Vasyl Karazin Kharkiv National University. The drowsiness has reduced by 70% during the experiment.
The prototype uses a battery with 160mAh. After optimization of the gadget it can operate without recharging for up to 3 months, and about 18-30 hours in the active phase. Startup team has experience of cooperation with Chinese partners. This will speed up the process of preparation for production of the smart watch.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas