IMF said cooperation with Ukraine largely dependent on fight against corruption
Fund expects of Kyiv mobilization in this direction
IMF welcomes the measures of the Ukrainian government in the fight against corruption and economic recovery. This during a press conference in Washington, said the director of the IMF's European Department Poul Thomsen, according to "European truth".
"The fund currently has in Ukraine one of the largest programs and we are seeing significant progress, if we talk about the economic situation. All this became possible thanks to the measures taken by the Ukrainian government - it comes to adjustment of the budget, transition to a flexible rate fixing, and alignment of energy prices. These measures have stabilized the macroeconomic situation, we can say today - growth returned to Ukraine ", - said Thomsen.
According to him, the fight against corruption is a major challenge for the government, and from this sphere will depend largely the further cooperation with the Fund.
"The fight against corruption - is a key challenge for the Ukrainian government. We expect from it the mobilization in this direction, and I think the country's leaders understand that on success in this area depends largely the continued support of Ukraine.." - He said.
As reported, in September, the IMF allocated to Ukraine third tranche of 1 billion USD. The decision on the allocation of tranche was made on September 14.
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels