IMF ready to cooperate with new Ukrainian government
Previously, the Fund said it will continue cooperation with Kyiv despite delays with revision of EFF program
The IMF is ready to continue cooperation with the newly elected Ukrainian government. Poul M. Thomsen, Director of the Fund’s European Department, said this at a briefing on Friday (Interfax-Ukraine).
According to earlier statement by Deputy Spokesman at the Fund’s Communications Department William Murray, “the Extended Fund Facility program has its defined deadlines. There are no other conditions under which it could be finished”. He reiterated, though, that the situation with Ukraine’s government and parliamentary coalition needs to be cleared so that the IMF may complete the second revision of the EFF program.
Previously, IMF Spokesman Jerry Rice said the Fund needs more clarity about the status of the government and the parliamentary coalition in Ukraine. Christine Lagarde, the Fund’s Managing Director urged Ukraine’s leaders to keep up with the reforms, otherwise the IMF might cut the program of financial assistance for the country.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain