Head of State Fiscal Service of Kyiv region was detained on bribe
The public officer was covering an illegal conversion center
The head of State Fiscal Service (SFS) of Kyiv region was detained on bribe by the Security Service of Ukraine together with Prosecutor General’s Office.
The official was covering the activity of currency conversion center, according to the Security Service of Ukraine.
Law enforcers established that the conversion center was operating more than 20 million hryvnias, providing services to a hundred of Kyiv businesses, helping them to convert their assets into cash, minimize and avoid taxes.
One million hryvnias, one hundred thousand euro and almost 70 thousand US dollars were confiscated in the offices of the center, official cabinet of the head of the SFS and in the places of residence of the defendant in the case during the searches.
A passport of the citizen of the Russian Federation was also found in the office of the head of the SFS.
A criminal case was opened, pretrial investigation is in progress.
Earlier, Yuriy Lutsenko, Ukrainian Prosecutor General, reported his first 6 months in office and "noted that they had 900 corruption cases and sent to court more than 50% of them. 276 corrupt officials were drawn their sentences, which already took their legal effects.
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case