Groysman meets with US Energy Ministry representatives
Sides discussed cooperation in preparation for heating season, cyber security issues, and US support for energy efficiency programs in Ukraine
Ukraine’s Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman met with US Deputy Energy Minister for International Affairs, and clean coal and emissions control Jonathan Elkind and David Moller, respectively. According to the government press service, the sides discussed the areas of bilateral cooperation and the domestic reforms in the energy sector.
Groysman assured American colleagues that the Cabinet plans to continue to carry out the de-monopolization of the market, reasonable deregulation and encourage energy efficiency and develop renewable energy.
"The sides discussed cooperation in the areas of preparation for the heating season, cyber security issues, and support capabilities of the US energy efficiency programs in Ukraine. American experts expressed their willingness to share their experience on the use of clean energy technologies and to continue the cooperation, the report says.
In addition, the US representatives stressed the importance of establishing a market price for gas in Ukraine, calling this step extremely essential for further progress.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case