General Electric may produce locomotives in Ukraine on certain conditions
This requires at least railway industry development plan for five years, Infrastructure Minister says
The American corporation General Electric is interested in the possible production of locomotives in Ukraine, if the railway development plan for five years is developed. Infrastructure Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Omelyan said this in an interview.
It is assumed the development plan will provide 40 to 50 engines’ production per year.
According to the Minister, the Cabinet needs private investment to control certain sectors of the railway system of Ukraine, for the production of locomotives and rolling stock to invest in. "Ukrzaliznytsia" Ukrainian Railways needs updating its infrastructure and the replacement of the old routes to increase the speed and volume of traffic.
"If Ukrainian Parliament passes the Railway Act, as we suggest, then we will be able to provide possibilities for the private investment", Omelyan stressed.
Pentagon chief expresses need for nuclear weapons to deter Russia’s threat 27 September, 08:33
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case