Cargill drops sales in Black Sea region
The U.S. largest agrarian company ceases to sell seeds, fertilizers and chemicals
“After comprehensive analysis of its grain and oil business in the Central and Eastern Europe, Cargill decided to stop development of materials for farmers and leave these kinds of activity by late may 2016. That will have an impact on Cargill’s business in Hungary, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine, Bulgaria and Poland”, reads the message at the company’s website.
Going forward, the company will focus its attention on its grain and oilseeds origination, merchandizing and trading activities in these markets.
The company says that the Black Sea region remains a key focus for strategic growth and Cargill will continue to strengthen its existing investments and operations, including its network of port terminals and oilseed crush plants in the region.
Cargill is one of the world’s leading producers and suppliers of food and agricultural products. In Ukraine, the company owns two oil-extracting factories and six grail silos, as well as 5 percent of stocks of Ukraine’s largest agrarian holding “UkrLandFarming”. The holding’s land bank makes 670 thousand hectares; 35 of those in Donetsk and Luhansk regions and 12 thousand – in Crimea.
Poltorak: Ukraine aims to become major non-NATO ally of the U.S. 10 October, 10:00
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain