Amber deposits in Volyn region in Ukraine estimated at $4 billion
Ukraine needs a legitimate market of amber in order to stop illegal extraction
Deposits of amber in Volyn region are estimated at $4 billion, informed governor of Volyn region Volodymyr Hunchyk in an interview to Tyzhden (Week).
“We have deposits of amber that amount to $4 billion at market prices. The discovered deposits are protected by law enforcement and activists. Efforts to illegally extract amber are successfully suppressed by authorities of different levels”, - Hunchyk explained.
He pointed out that the fact that authorities are doing everything to prevent illegal extraction of amber, these are just preventive measures. In order to solve the problem, Ukraine needs a legitimate market of amber.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case