Ukrainian documentary “Winter on Fire” screened at U.S. Congress
Ukraine’s Embassy and a group of support of Ukraine in the Congress co-organized the viewing
“Thousands of people in Ukraine died, defending freedom. To me, it remains a shock that the West has been taking so little about it”, Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur said before the viewing in the Congress's movie theatre (Voice of America).
Ukraine’s Ambassador to the U.S. Valeriy Chaly added that the viewing of this film at such important platform will turn more attention to Ukraine.
“It is about being proud to be part of our nation, part of Ukraine. In the 21st century, we are giving an example how to protect one’s future. Young Americans who watched the film now ask politicians what kind of ideals America has. It’s not about Ukraine per se; it’s more like about values , the world we live in”, Chaly said.
If Winter on Fire gets an Oscar, then even more people will watch it and learn more about the struggle of the Ukrainian nation for freedom. “It would be a great contribution to history. It’s a unique monument to boys and girls who aren’t there anymore”, said the film director Yevhen Afineevsky.
Previously, the Ukrainian documentary was nominated for Golden Reel Awards.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case