Three cities left to fight for opportunity to receive Eurovision 2017
Kyiv, Odesa and Dnipro are to compete for hosting Song Contest
As reported earlier, Ukrainian singer Jamala, the winner of theEurovision-2016 supposes that Kyiv and Lviv are best variants to host Eurovision next year.
The desire to host an international competition expressed Kyiv, Dnipro, Lviv, Odesa, Kharkiv and Kherson.
The Cabinet announced a competition among cities, claiming to hold Eurovision 2017.
As UNIAN reports, the Deputy General Director of National Television Company of Ukraine (NTCU) Victoria Romanova said this after a meeting of the Organizing Committee on preparation and holding the Song Contest 2017 in Ukraine.
"The capital of Ukraine – Kyiv, Dnipro and the southern Odesa are only three candidates left", she said.
According to Culture Minister Yevhen Nyshchuk, Organizing Committee members decided that the final of the competition will be attended by three cities, rather than two as previously planned.
Earthquake in Romania: aftershocks reached Ukraine 24 September, 11:30
Ante for Odesa portside plant makes USD 150 million, - State Property Fund 23 September, 11:28
Turkey proachers’ boat sank during storm in Odesa 13 October, 13:48
Brawl between pro-Kremlin activists and Right Sector members in Odesa 10 October, 09:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars