Lutkovska: Dekanoidze and Klichko to provide security during March of Equality
Parade takes place on June 12
Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights Valeriya Lutkovska addressed to the head of the National Police of Ukraine Khatiya Dekanoidze with a call for the safety of the participants of "March of Equality", scheduled for June 12 in the capital. Press service of Lutkovska reported this information.
"Please take personal control of the issue of proper security measures during the March of Equality and public order during the campaign," reads her letter.
Lutkovska has also called on law enforcement agencies and public authorities to demonstrate the tolerant position regarding the upcoming event.
"The state and the law enforcement agencies should have a positive obligation to take appropriate measures to ensure the safety of the participants of a peaceful assembly from physical violence by their opponents and to ensure the smooth conducting of the meeting. In addition, the authorities are obliged to use any means to ensure peaceful holding of the event, for example, through public statements before the demonstration with an expression of tolerant, conciliatory positions, or warning the potential violators of possible sanctions", the statement says.
Kyiv not to congratulate Putin on his birthday, - Peskov 7 October, 20:15
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
Holocaust Memorial center to be created at Babi Yar, - Poroshenko 29 September, 15:17
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels