London underground posts Turgenev's quotation dishonoring Russians
Posters with quote from the renowned Russian writer’s novel "Fathers and Sons" appear in the British capital
A Facebook user reported this on June 3.
"Aristocracy, liberalism, progress, principles... useless words! A Russian doesn't need them". Such banner appeared in the ad published in London’s underground.
The full quote goes like this: "Aristocracy, liberalism, progress, principles, said Bazarov. Just think how many foreign . . . and useless words! To a Russian, they're no good for anything!".
The "Fathers and Sons" novel was published in 1862.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas