Jamala’s full performance with her song “1944” on Eurovision-2016-Ukraine
Jamala will represent Ukraine on Eurovision-2016
Ukraine has been taking part in Eurovision song contest since 2003.
In 2004 Rouslana represented our country with the song “Wild Dances” and won the first place.
Verka Serduchka with “Dancing Lasha Tumbai” and Ani Lorak with “Shady Lady” won second place in 2007 and 2008 respectively.
Mika Newton ranked 4th in Eurovision 2011.
Zlata Ognevich represented Ukraine in Eurovision 2013 and won 3rd place right after Azerbaijan and Denmark.
Ukraine has good ratings among competitors of Eurovision, since it always shows good results.
In 2015 Ukraine didn’t take part in the competition due to unstable financial and political situation.
On Eurovision-2016 in Stockholm, Sweden Jamala will represent Ukraine with her song “1944” about the destiny of Crimean Tatar people. With this song Jamala wants to attract attention of the world community to the problem of occupation of Crimea. Watch Jamala’s performance on the final of Ukrainian national contest for Eurovision-2016 (the video was taken from Holos Svobody radio official YouTube channel):
Prominent Ukrainian astronomer Klim Churyumov died 15 October, 20:16
Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award 24 October, 08:00
Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year 24 October, 12:30
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas