Jamala’s first rehearsal before Eurovision semifinals
The singer uploaded photos at her Facebook page
“I’m very nervous because it’s the first time my performance will include 3D effects, my new costume and my new haircut. I’m concerned about what it’s going to look like”, Ukrainian singer of Crimean Tatar origin posted.
Jamala’s performance includes visual and stage effects; it starts in dark colors and finishes with an image of the tree that seems to be growing from her posture. According to stage directors, the tree symbolizes rebirth and memory.
Reporters have already highly evaluated the Ukrainian’s performance, describing it as emotional and touching; some called it “true horripilation”.
Jamala arrived to Stockholm on May 4 to participate in Eurovision’s second round of the semifinals. She will perform 15th. According to the singer, her song 1944 is supposed to turn the international community’s attention to the issue of illegal occupation of Crimea.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars