Jamala wins Eurostory Award 2016 for best line in song
“You think you are gods but everyone dies”, says the line from her song “1944”
Ukraine’s singer of Crimean Tatar origin Jamala won the Eurostory Award 2016 for the best line in the contest song presented at Eurovision. The performer reported this at Facebook.
The idea to create such award belongs to eurostory.nl website, and the winner was elected by the professional jury of writers.
As 112 International reported, Jamala reached the finals of Eurovision 2016 in Stockholm. She will perform on Saturday, May 14, with her song “1944” dedicated to the tragic fate of her people in Crimea. Currently, bookmakers bet she will finish third.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars