Girl from Ukraine receives scholarship for startup
Student from Herson region lives and studies in US
According to ain.ua, more than 6000 students applied for the scholarship, but only 29 of them were qualified.
Ivonna Dumanyan from Ukraine is the CEO and the founder of BioMetrix startup that creates the gadget that can predict the possibility of trauma for the sportsman. It looks like a sensor that is attached to skin and evaluates the sportsman's activity to figure out the risks, and then notifies the user. Ivonna had the risks to receive ankle injury, and that inspired her to create such a gadget.
"A big thank you to the Thiel Foundation for this amazing opportunity and to each of the remarkable youth whom I look forward to calling my friends! Never stop trying to change the world!" the student wrote on her Facebook page.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case