Eurovision 2017: Meteor stadium in Dnipro to be reconstructed
The arena will be modernized and adorned with Ukrainian folk ornaments, - governor’s counselor
The stadium in Dnipro city, one of the candidate cities for hosting the Eurovision next year, is subject to reconstruction, Yuriy Volyk, the governor’s counselor, said in the interview with 112 UA TV channel.
‘No changes will be made concerning the major elements of the building’s front. A large display will be set up in the fan zone; the fan zone area will be shaped like the bird’s wings. Banners with Ukrainian national ornaments will be set up at the mouldings’, the official said.
The 35 000 square km-large stadium Meteor can host up to 6,000 viewers, which is considered enough under the ESC Eurovision’s official requirements.
Previously, the organizers of the contest in Ukraine reported that the host city of Eurovision 2017 will be chosen later – the procedure was postponed for an indefinite period; technical and financial issues are in the way, Ukraine’s national TV company says.
Dnipro is one of the candidate cities for hosting the Eurovision next year. Dnipro, Kyiv and Odesa are the three candidates approved by the special commission last month.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars