Eurovision 2017: Kyiv presented two possible locations for Song Contest
Ukraine’s capital proposes to use Sports Palace and International Exhibition Centre
Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klytschko met with the representatives of the European Broadcasting Union, the NTCU and the Minister of Culture Eugeiy Nyschuk during which the city authorities presented the options for places to hold the Eurovision 2017, the Kyiv Administration press service reports.
"Kyiv is a friendly European city. We are ready to hold the Eurovision on the highest level. We have the best conditions for the competition among other cities. We have two airports, 265 hotels, which can take a lot of guests. In addition, we have experience of holding the international events and ready to demonstrate a high level of training", said Klytschko.
The mayor stressed that Kyiv is a safe city, and city authorities invest heavily in the development of the urban infrastructure.
"We are doing Kyiv more comfortable for both residents and the visitors. Next year's Eurovision Song Contest has to be held in Kyiv. I hope that you will make the right decision ", he said.
According to the deputy mayor Olexyi Reznikov, the city authorities selected the two main places for the Contest according to the main requirements - safety and convenience. According to these criteria the most suitable sites are the Sports Palace and International Exhibition Centre.
Kyiv not to congratulate Putin on his birthday, - Peskov 7 October, 20:15
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
Holocaust Memorial center to be created at Babi Yar, - Poroshenko 29 September, 15:17
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels