Documentary about Battle of Debaltseve to be aired on February 17
The date marks the anniversary of one of the bloodiest battles of the Donbas conflict
According to Ukraine’s Defense Ministry, the film will be aired by four Ukrainian channels. The first show will take place at UA.First channel (7.30 p.m), Channel 24 (8 p.m), ICTV (8.20 p.m) and Channel 5 (10 p.m).
By the Defense Ministry’s estimates, during intensive military actions in Debaltseve, Donetsk region, which took place from February 15 through February 18, 110 Ukrainian servicemen were killed, 270 wounded; 7 were captured and 18 gone missing. About one-third of Ukrainian military vehicles that participated in the battle were either destroyed by the enemy or rendered immobile by Ukrainian troops during their retreat from Debaltseve.
After long-lasting defense of Debaltseve, Ukrainian units withdrew from the city under extreme pressure of Russian regular army units and pro-Kremlin mercenaries. In April 2015, the Prosecutor General’s Office started criminal investigation on crimes that took place during the withdrawal of Ukrainian units from Debaltseve.
As of February 2016, Debaltseve, the important transport hub and outpost of strategic importance, is under control of DPR fighters. OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in eastern Ukraine reported that the city is badly ruined after the bloody battle.
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case