Days of Ukrainian cinema hosted in the Netherlands for the first time
Film festival took place on the eve of the referendum on Ukraine's association with EU
Since March 31 to April 1, 2016 the Days of Ukrainian cinema "Ukraine on Film: Way to Freedom" for the first time were hosted in Amsterdam, Netherlands, - reported the press service of cultural diplomacy at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of Ukraine on Facebook.
The ministry noted that the film festival in the Dutch capital on the eve of the referendum on Ukraine's association with the European Union had been held be the Foreign Ministry and the State Agency of Ukraine in collaboration with the Ukrainian cinema distributor "Arthouse Traffic" and the Foundation "Brand New Ukraine".
"The concept of the festival – is a demonstration of documentaries which tell the stories of the iconic events for Ukraine: from the classics of silent cinema, the film" Eleventh " by Dziga Vertov, to the hits of international film festivals like "Russian Woodpecker" of Chad Grasia and "Winter on fire" by Evgen Afineevskyi" - said in a statement.
The Foreign Ministry noted that the screenings took place in one of the main theaters of Amsterdam Pathé Tuschinski.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case