WSJ: Russia, Ukraine might ‘create new flashpoint’ over Crimea
The outlet looks into the latest developments in the illegally annexed peninsula
The Wall Street Journal joins the club of the media actively discussing the ongoing crisis in Crimea, as rotation of the Russian military on the border with mainland Ukraine is almost over, and Russia accuses Ukraine of an armed provocation on the peninsula, which resulted in death of two Russian servicemen.
‘The moves on both sides threaten to create a new flashpoint in the long-running conflict, which has helped drag U.S.-Russia relations to a post-Cold War low. They come a day after Moscow blamed Ukraine for the death of two Russian service members in Crimea, charges Kiev has denied’, reads the article.
Read the full story here.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case