War and Minsk: 112 Ukraine releases documentary on backstage of Minsk agreements
January 3, the TV channel will present its own-produced film that reveals details of the work on and the signature of Minsk agreements
What are Minsk agreements all about? Who, when and how arranged regular meetings of the Normandy Four leaders in the Belarusian capital? How did the warring sides react to the signature of Minsk agreements? Was there any real alternative to this document? Is it possible to achieve the goals set by the Normandy Four? A new documentary (see the screenshot above and the trailer below) created by reporters of 112 Ukraine TV channel tried to find answers to these and many other questions concerning the ongoing conflict in Donbas and its peaceful settlement.
Correspondent Bohdan Pilenko focused on the military theme. His characters are the living participants in combat, the Ukrainian servicemen who witnessed and survived bloody battles of Donetsk airport, Debaltseve, fights for Shyrokyne and defense of Mariupol (all in Donetsk region). “Every one of them is a hero, a star to steer by. Every one of them has a different life story, but they are all united by patriotism and their common goal – no retreat, no surrender, and fight till the end. There are no come-and-go people; each of them deserves a movie to be shot about”, Pilenko said.
112 Ukraine TV anchor Violeta Trykova focused on the parallel, “peaceful” plot in the documentary. In order to reconstruct the atmosphere that was there before the signature of Minsk agreements, she went to Minsk and found people who arranged all necessary preparations for the event.
“The country and the people should know who was behind all these huge efforts to stop the further bloodshed in Donbas. Thus, it’s more like philosophy-based film so that the viewers can learn about many details of the peace dialog, in particular, the obstacles that emerged in the way of negotiations. The audience would see how the overall situation could have turned out if there was no peaceful dialogue at all”, Violeta Trykova said.
Watch the tralier:
The documentary is to be presented on the first Sunday of the New Year, January 3.
Time and place of next Normandy Four meeting irrelevant 10 October, 13:31
Playing disengagement 12 October, 20:30
Kremlin doubts success of Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 16:57
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas