Vicinities of Donetsk, Mariupol under heavy machinegun attacks
19 attacks were reported over the day
Russia-backed militants concentrated fire at Ukrainian emplacements near Mariupol and Donetsk, ATO Press Centre said on January 29.
“Illegal armed groups attacked our positions near Shyrokyne, Starohnativka and Krasnohorivka (not far from Mariupol). Small arms and large-caliber machineguns were used. Near Donetsk, mercenaries used infantry fighting vehicles and heavy machineguns to shoot at Novhorodske and Luhanske. No rest was observed in the area of Donetsk airport, as Pisky, Opytne and Butivka mine were attacked”, reads the report at Facebook.
In total, 19 attacks took place over the day. In some cases, Ukrainian soldiers were forced to open aimed fire.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars